Organic Liquid fish
GS Plant Foods' Organic Liquid Fish
- Total Nitrogen (N): 2.0%
- 1.7% Water Soluble Nitrogen
- 0.3% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
- Available Phosphate (P205): 3.0%
- Soluble Potash (K20): 1.0%
- Derived From: Fish
Uses: Lawns-Plants-Vegetables and fruits-Trees and shrubs-Seedlings and transplants
Our proprietary and all-natural fish fertilizer provides much more than N-P-K (Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium) found in synthetic fertilizers.
This product provides a comprehensive mix of macro- and micronutrients, trace elements, minerals, amino acids, peptides, proteins, calcium and enzymes, all in a useable form perfectly suited for maximum efficiency of uptake for your plants and turf grasses.
- Nitrogen from fish lasts longer when applied in this plant-friendly product! Other fertilizers provide an immediate blast, but are washed away and used up in just a few days. GS Plant Foods fish fertilizers penetrate deep in the soil, providing sustained-release nourishment for up to 15 weeks!
What is the difference between hydrolysate fish fertilizer and fish emulsion products?
- Today, the term emulsion has become used universally to describe liquid fish fertilizer, much like how the term Kleenex has become synonymous with tissues or Q-tip has come to mean cotton swab. However, there are very substantial differences between Emulsions and the higher quality Fish Hydrolysate fertilizers. The primary differences become apparent with a short description of the respective manufacturing processes. For an Emulsion, you take the fish and cook, boil and render them under extreme heat, and then the beneficial oils are removed and sold into the Health Food / Vitamin Market where you have certainly seen Fish Oil Vitamins, etc…in the grocery or health food store. Then, believe it or not, the actual fish meal and all the proteins and nutrients that it provides are stripped out and sold into the pet food and livestock food markets. Only then is the stick-water with the few nutrients remaining processed into the product known as Fish Emulsion, which is often smelly and frequently clogs application equipment, and is generally difficult to work with. In contrast, the High Quality Fish Hydrolysate Fertilizer is quite simply, 100% all natural liquefied fish, with none of the beneficial oils and proteins removed. Fish are Cold-Processed through a natural enzymatic liquefaction process and then the liquid fish is packaged and sold. The hydrolysate retains all of the beneficial oils and protein nitrogen and has a fresh fish scent. We triple filter our Fish Hydrolysate so that it will NEVER clog your application equipment, and it easy to use.
What is your fertilizer made of?
- GS Plant Foods Liquid Fish Fertilizer is made up FISH…PURE FISH! Simple, isn’t it? Cold Processed and Enzymatic-ally Liquefied, the fish are sustainable sourced from clean, pure water. The natural enzymatic liquefaction process reduces the large organic protein molecules into their smaller components known as amino acids. The end result is a powerfully effective, organic fertilizer and soil supplement that contains no chlorine or heavy metals. It is Great for Everything that Grows!
How does your organic fish fertilizer work?
- Our fertilizer is processed in a manner that preserves the natural enzymes, quickly breaking down the fish protein into small chain amino acids and peptides. Natural chelates are also created within the hydrolysate, making trace minerals including iron, copper, zinc, sulfur, magnesium and calcium easily soluble for plants and turf.
Did you know? Native Americans first taught the English settlers how to grow healthier and more bountiful crops by placing fish under a catch of corn.
Directions For Household, Yard & Garden
Shake well before using. Prepare for one application only.
Mix well with water. Dilution rate: 2-4 oz concentrate into 1 gallon of water.
Use all mixed solution. Do not store in diluted form.
Wash hands and all equipment thoroughly after use.
Application Rates For Household, Yard & Garden
House Plants - Use 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water. Feed every 2 weeks.
Outdoor Plants - Use 2 Tablespoons (1 fluid ounce) per gallon of water. Feed flowers and vegetables every 2 weeks. Apply generously to soil or as a foliar feed until leaves are wet, top and bottom. For best results, foliar feed early or late in the day.
Lawns - Use 4 ounces per gallon of water. One gallon of fertilizer mixed with 30-40 gallons of water will cover ¼ acre. Feed lawn every 4 weeks.
Trees & Shrubs - Use 8 ounces per gallon of water. Feed by boring several small holes in the soil 1 to 2 feet away from root ball. Fill holes with solution. Feed 2-3 times per season.
Compost Starter - Use 4 ounces per gallon of water. Mix into compost every 2-3 weeks.
Directions For Growers & Commercial Agriculture
Agitate (shake well) before adding water. It is important to agitate GS Plant Foods Liquid Fish well to ensure a homogenous product mix, particularly if it has been stored below 32° Fahrenheit.
Add water. See "Dilution Rates" below for specific uses. Extra water is not harmful since it acts as a carrier. The amount of water may be adjusted upwards to suit your equipment and the amount of leaf surface on plants.
Mix well. After adding water, it is important to agitate (shake well) again.
Be sure to use all material that has been mixed with water. Do not store diluted material.
Do not apply GS Plant Foods Liquid Fish when soil temperature is below 45° Fahrenheit, as the product will not activate. Apply at (or just before) 45°F is reached in the soil.
Dilution Rates For Growers & Commercial Agriculture
Foliar Applications: Use 1 gallon GS Plant Foods Liquid Fish to 50 gallons of water. Spray after sunset or during the coolest part of the day.
Soil Applications: Use 1 gallon GS Plant Foods Liquid Fish with sufficient water to cover intended area. Minimum dilution rate is 1 part GS Plant Foods Liquid Fish to 15 parts water, sprayed with seed or side-dressed with seed.
Aerial Spraying: Use 1 gallon GS Plant Foods Liquid Fish to 15 gallons water.
Seedlings or Transplants: Dip in a solution of 4 oz. GS Plant Foods Liquid Fish to 1 gallon water, then plant.